Eight Big Changes In Twitter So Far After Elon Musk Own The Social Media Platform
Big Changes In Twitter: Elon Musk bought and took over Twitter a few days ago. In such a short time, the world’s richest person made many such changes in the social media platform, which directly affected millions of users. Elon Musk not only made changes in the social media platform, but also made a lot of changes within the company, mainly including the layoffs of employees. Along with this, Elon Musk has also started a paid service for Twitter’s Blue Tick, after which he is facing criticism on Twitter itself. Let us tell you about the changes that Elon Musk has made after buying the company.
Elon Musk made 8 big changes in Twitter
- Elon Musk first showed the way out to senior executives after acquiring the company. Elon Musk fired Indian-origin Twitter CEO Parag Agarwal from the company. With this, Musk also expelled the company’s board of directors from the company. Let us tell you that even before buying Twitter, Musk was not happy with the work of senior executives of the company and he also accused several executives including Parag Agarwal of misleading him.
- Elon Musk is the new boss of Twitter and he wants to control Twitter in his own way. After giving a setback to senior executives, Musk also decided to lay off lower level employees of the company. According to media reports, Elon Musk wants to lay off more than half of the company’s employees and has started the process. Musk’s decision fell on senior Twitter officials and employees in India too. Musk defended his decision, saying that the company was losing US $ 4 million a day and was left with no other option.
- Before the arrival of Elon Musk, Twitter was absolutely free for everyone, but this also changed as soon as it was created by Musk’s owner. Elon Musk decided that Twitter will now charge $ 8 per month for ‘Blue Tick’. Verified users will also get a lot of new features in the paid service. As users will be able to post long videos and audios and write long content. Elon Musk believes the membership fee will give Twitter “a revenue stream to reward content creators” and the company will not have to rely on advertisers.
- According to a Reuters report, many corporate advertising companies are angry with Elon Musk’s decisions and now a whole group has stopped advertising the company. General Motors, General Mills, Audi of America, Oreo maker Mondelez International, Pfizer Inc and Ford are some of the names in this list. At the same time, Musk said in a tweet to advertisers that he wants Twitter to be “the most respected advertising platform”.
- Elon Musk has also decided to change the content moderation of Twitter. Elon Musk has said that the company will establish a content moderation council with a “widely diverse approach”. He had said that the council would be accountable for all major content-related decisions and no account restoration would be done before that council was convened.
- As reported by The Washington Post, Elon Musk is reportedly exploring an option to allow Twitter users to post video content behind a paywall. In other words, video feature Twitter is working on a feature that will allow people to post videos and charge users to watch them.
- The Tesla chief requested that users logged out of the homepage Twitter’s site be redirected to the Explore page, which shows trending tweets and news, according to a Verge report.
- Elon Musk has also issued new guidelines for users running parody accounts. Elon Musk tweeted that now users running a parody account will not only have to write ‘parody’ in the bio, but they will also have to write ‘parody’ in their name.
Also read- Twitter going bankrupt? Elon Musk fears loss of billions of dollars, warns employees